Monday, February 20, 2017

Post 10: Modern Heroes - Compare and Contrast

I view a hero someone who goes more than the extra mile to help and make a positive impact on society. I compared and contrasted my hero, Robert Langer, with two of my peers epic heroes and noticed more similarities than differences. 

Porsha's Blog Post
Detaria's Blog Post

I highly agree with Porsha's statement about modern heroes not requiring actual superhuman or supernatural powers. She explains why Batman is a hero in her eyes, and makes some key points as to why Batman's qualities match her definition of a modern hero. These qualities included courage, responsibility, and good judgement. I personally wouldn't consider Batman a hero mostly because he's fictional. But, his character does include several characteristics of an epic hero. I also read Detaria's blog who chose Veterans as her hero. I agree that veterans are an excellent primary example of a modern epic hero. Porsha and Detaria both chose heroes that don't have any superhuman or supernatural powers, which seems more common because of the modern era. My hero, Robert Langer, doesn't have any supernatural powers. He does share the qualities that my peers heroes have, like courage, being helpful to others, and nobility.

No comments:

Post a Comment