Monday, January 23, 2017

Post 1: Callie's View On Creation

 My Father is a Catholic and my Mother is Baptist. I was raised as a Catholic though and still consider myself a devoted Catholic to this day. As I've gotten older, I've started to understand other's views of the world and different views of a higher power. Initially, when I think about how the world was created, I imagine the story of Genesis. I believe God created the world in seven days with his hands, sculpting and shaping the Universe to his perfection. On the seventh day, he saw his work and thought, "it was good and he used that day to rest".

 I have questioned my beliefs at times though. Especially with the more knowledge I gain and the more Science classes I take. For instance, I'm taking Biology right now and we are focusing on evolution, which is a very controversial topic. It does make sense that we have changed over time from one being to another. Overall, I still consider myself a faithful person and believe God created Man just as he wanted us to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment