Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Post 3: Archetypes In My Life

 One of the most important archetypes in my life is the Celtic knot. I say this because it represents so much in such little space. Mostly, it has such great meaning to me because my best friend of thirteen years passed away in September of 2016. Her family is from Ireland and my Mother's family is Irish. The Celtic knot represents the unending cycle of life. I believe her spirit lives on and I carry that with my daily. I was with her when she got her first tattoo, which was a Celtic knot on her foot. We talked a lot about the different meanings behind it.

 I believe it represents the connection of the mind, body, and spirit, all of which is in our lives on a daily basis. The interweaving knots points to the connections of our physical and spiritual aspects of our being. I'm still in shock that she has left this Earth, but everyday I remember she is here in spirit. Her memory lives on and is part of what keeps me going. I believe our mind, body and spirit is one. We cannot have one without the other. This continues to help me grow as a person, mostly spiritually.

Maeve's Tattoo
Celtic Trinity Knot

No comments:

Post a Comment